The all new MoYu Weilong 2021 Magnetic speed cube with MagLev technology and Purple internals brings the in-demand MAGLEV technology to the recently released MoYu Weilong WRM 2021 LITE Edition
This is the 2nd factory produced speed cube from MoYu factory which uses the revolutionary new magnet levitation tensioning system instead of the spring tensioning system used in the original Weilong and virtually ever other speed cube ever made. Magnet Levitation is the same technology concept which allows the bullet trains in China to reach speed of 600kms!
With the new MagLev technology you have two repelling magnets which create the necessary compression and tension to function as the speed cube's tensioning system. Other than this upgrade and of course the new purple internals the cube remains essentially the exact same as the original Weilong - so all the benefits of this great cube such as look and feel and features such as corner cutting and reverse corner cutting is shared. Of course the magnets do add around an additional 5 grams of weight to the cube - so this cube is slightly heavier than the previous model.
But what are some of the pro's and con's compared the original Weilong WRM?
- Maglev technology means that spring noises are eliminated
- The biggest difference is that out of the box this speed cube is genuinely blistering fast - turning through the layers are faster and feel somewhat lighter
- You are sacrificing some controllability for the increase in speed.
- This cube is slightly heavier than the Weilong WRM Lite edition
- MoYu Weilong WRM 2021 3x3 Cube
- Stackable Perspex display box
- Tensioning Tool
- Magnet Adjusting Tool
- New core compression tools